Positive


So I feel like when shitty things happen in life we should be allotted "bitch about it" time. Meaning: when something bad happens in my life or major uncomfortable change occurrs I deserve an amount of time to complain about said shitty thing as much as I feel needed. Then after a certain amount of time I move on, deal with the next curve ball life throws me and hopefully find the positive in the bad situation I went through. Live. Learn. Etc. 

That's not the case. In life when bad things happen to us some people are strong enough to move on and think about the positives. Most of us suppress and subdue our emotions inside us. We burry them away deep enough for us to think we have "solved and overcome" when the reality is they are with us in everything we do. 

Things like this turned me into a negative person. Maybe to others around me I was still a positive person but smiles and a happy voice can cover up a lot of anger. 

It wasn't until I was describing someone else's negative outlook on life that I realized my own. Why did I think so negatively about things that I could not control from the past? Why did I let that affect the way I looked at the future? I'm not sure. 

Now, currently I am on the path to positivity it's challenging every day to keep up a pleasing attitude but it is worth the positive outcomes. 
What are the outcomes so far? 
-Less worn out. Being negative and worrying/pining over things you can not change exhaust me.
-My disposition at work, at home, with friends is so much easier to maintain. It is tiring to put on an act and/or think of things to bitch about. 
-The people I spend time with seem more interested in me when I am positive and happy about life.

Everyday I am challenged with things that test my positivity. I know I wont be able to stay positive and see the good in all the bad/annoying things that I face in a day but, if I can look at 51% of the bad and see good, I feel successful.  

"Positive mind. 
Positive vibes. 
Positive life."
-holly

Comments

Popular Posts