Happy.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a mood, it is not permanent. It comes and goes and if people thought that way then maybe people would find happiness more often." -[One Tree Hill season 8 episode 8]

Lately I spend a lot of time complaining about how I am not satisfied with life. Telling people how I would be such a happier person if I had this or that. Nobody wants to be around a constant "Debbie Downer".

So I am attempting to see things in a different light.

Being happy is great but it's not something to constantly wish to attain. Finding your happy place, or the place you feel comfort, won't make you happy forever. Because even when you do there will be a catch. No matter what place you get to in your life there's always going to be "something" missing. Maybe it's friends. Maybe family. If you are traveling you will leave a bit of yourself at home. If you are home you will wish you could be traveling. 

I'm not typing these words to crush happiness seekers or depress anyone. I'm saying it to challenge you. If you can stop focusing on the things you don't have, things that would make you "happy" to have, and start to focus on life around you, life will be happier. 

Life offers many opportunities to look back at your life and enjoy happiness from the past. Things like family vacations, random funny memories and adventures you went on with friends. These happy things happened without you trying so hard to be happy, they just made you feel happy. 

On the other hand, life is life. You are going to have times where happiness is not easily found for a little bit, maybe a long bit. But, don't think because you are not happy in that moment, you will never be happy again. The happy in life will come back eventually. Surround yourself with happy people. If you don't have any happy people in your life at that time (not a crazy thing to feel), watch a happy movie, go explore a new place, play with a dog. 

Happiness is such an important emotion. It is a natural emotion. Happy happens when you least expect it.


PS: Thank you to whoever is reading this. Probably just my family and close friends. Your support and all over spirit keeps me inspired every single day. You guys are my happy. 

(Times I said happy: 23. I will admit that is excessive. Sorry not sorry.)

Comments

Popular Posts