summer(y)

 summer summery

  Don't get me wrong, I am fall's number on fan, but I have to admit I'm kind of sad to see this summer go. It just feels strange. Summer just started. Well now it's over. I started backing up all my photos on my computer and realized I had these gems that I haven't shared anywhere!

   It was a B U S Y summer for me. I accepted a new position at work that required a lot of hours and a lot of blood sweat and tears from me the past 3 months. However, it forced me to really adapt to the "work hard, play harder" life. I managed to take a couple long weekends and a few days off to do fun things. ALSO: I am now 21 and LEGALLY allowed to partake in the alcohols.

MAY 27. With only about a week of planning (very rare for my mother who is a planning extraordinaire) Maya, mom and I took a trip to Atlanta, GA where we got to meet and hug and conversate with Alfie Deyes !!!!






*AND we made it in the Vlog*



JUNE 2. I had a great birthday, it included joyful things like shopping and Cheesecake Factory and margaritas (OH MY!).





JUNE 8. I high-fived Jack Antanoff. Okay I have been to a decent amount of concerts in my day, this Bleachers concert was one of the best concerts I have been to. Maybe it was the fact that I was front row. Maybe it was the fact I got to wear my sparkly leggings. Maybe it was the fact I couldn't hear for the entire next day. Maybe it was the fact that I held hand with Jack. Whatever the reason, this is a concert I won't forget.

 

JUNE 13. I don't even need to explain why this was one of the best weekend of the summer. So glad I got to show my city to my friends. So many memories were made with these two this weekend.





JUNE 23. Okay. I had to include this because I waited for this album F O R E V E R and it did not disappoint. Tori Kelly finally released 'Unbreakable Smile' and I have listened to it aprox 1 million times. (If you are reading this and haven't heard of Tori/ listened to Unbreakable Smile... stop reading this and treat yo ears!!!!)


JULY 10. Even though I grew up right by Charlotte, I still feel like there is so much to the area that I haven't explored yet. So I spent some of the summer trying to knock some adventures off my Charlotte bucket list. I bribed Maya and Chey to come with me to the Mint Museum downtown. I was so overwhelmed/amazed/inspired by everything in the museum, I left wanting to create. Venturing to places that make you feel that way is very important for creative purposes. I LOVED IT.




Here is where the summer really started to FLY BY.
I was doing a lot of the same things such as:
       Going to work at 7am
       Watching a lot of YouTube
       Ordering my weight in coffee/expresso
       Going for late night drives/cookout runs with Chey.
.....all of which I neglected to document.

JULY 22. I made a trip to the Dub for Shaina's last(ish) week in town.
We attempted to pre-plan the weekend, to assure we knocked out everything we wanted to do. However we learned real quick, nothing goes as planned. Plans changed, but we did lots of exciting things and got some good Wilmington fun done before she moved. Thats all that matters.






JULY 28. Paper Towns realised while I was in Wilmington so Chey waited (GREAT FRIEND ALERT) for me to get back to see it. We went and then while walking out of the theater decided "what the hell, lets see it AGAIN". Yep. We watched it back to back. #fangirls



AUGUST 7. Apparently I found a lot of great music on this day...I screen shot about 20 songs to add to my Spotify playlists.














AUGUST 20. I took a trip to visit Shaina in Athens! Such a fun town (with a pretty cool geotag).






...So now you are caught up on random parts of my summer (that are probably irrelevant to your life).

I have lots of ideas for my blog and I hope that I will start making more consistent posts!
 Talk to you soon, hopefully.

Comments

  1. Meeting Alfie and high fiving Jack?! Sounds like an epic summer to me!
    Blog: sundaysaresunny.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts