2018 relatable resolutions

Hey blog world! 




It feels so strange to be writing this with the intent to post it. I've been pretty active on this blog, but almost 100% with photos, which is something I am very proud of but I really want to keep this blog a mixed bag of me! So here it goes! As it is a new year I'm sure that many people have told you what their New Year resolutions are, and maybe you care maybe you don'tThat is up to you. I think there is nothing better than the feeling of a fresh start. It's refreshing and it keeps me excited about life, even if I am going through a time of complete loss or boredom with my life. For 2018 I didn't set any real resolutions per say, just a couple things I want to actively be mindful of in the new year. some that I feel other can relate to, and I have recently realized that knowing that others struggle with the same things that I do makes me feel a little more normal and understood in a strange way. 






reach out to people who care. I am so lucky to have people in my life who really care about me. I have my family and some really amazing friends that I know are only a call away in any situation. I am so lucky to have that support and I try to remember how lucky I am. It's just in situations that I feel sad or depressed I normally feel like either nobody else wants to hear my problem or I really don't want to spread my depressed feelings to the people in my life who have actual problems they are struggling with or have other things on my mind. in my right mind, I know that the people I love want to hear me talk out the things that bother me, but when I'm depressed I'm not thinking that way. I want to make steps to change that in 2018. Not to spend a great amount of time spreading around my sadness, but releasing my feelings in hopes that can come out of situations with a little more hope and understanding that i can still be strong and independent while feeling support from my people. 

be okay with accepting gifts and things from other people without feeling like I have to one up what they provided meI have struggled with this my entire adult life. It might stem from the fact that I like control, and if others have provided me with something they may feel like I owe them something in return. I want to start thinking about it the other way around, if I provide my people with something I never expect anything in return and I would hope that they understand that. learn to accept gifts and nice gestures that people want to give. 

be better with time management. I am an all or nothing person. I accept that and understand how I work. my life is always busy and chaotic and to be completely honest that is the only way I like it. I get complacent and bored and lost when I am not going. between 5 courses in school per semester, working through the week, being active in my family, working on my photography, seeking any live show out that I can attend, keeping up with activities with my friends and finding new places to explore I stay busy. with that I find it really easy to burry tasks that I am not too keen on under all of the other things I have going on. I can compartmentalize way too easily and that's been a down fall for me. I want to be able to face and conquer everything on my to-do list 

trust MY gut when it comes to people I let into my lifeI actually had pretty good sense of self when it came to this in 2017 but as I get older I am really learning that a few close people are way better than being liked by everyone. I experience this most when it comes to places like work that if I don't feel like I can be myself around someone, why make the extra effort to try to make them like me. if there is someone in your life that you feel like you have to consistently impress...DROP THEM. eventually you will reach your breaking point, you won't be able to go out of your way to impress anyone forever. it will end, and when it does will all your effort be worth it? 

allow myself to do things that I know may challenge me later. weather this is spending a little more on a shopping trip than I had planned or eating way more calories than I should at the cheesecake factory. those things are okay in moderation and in the end treating yourself to a little bit here and there is 1,000 times better than the binge would ever be. with this I'm not just addressing a diet or a bank account balance. I also over think the time I spend with people. If there is someone in my life that I have a hard time not thinking about, I shouldn't feel guilty every single time I text them or spend time with them. cutting myself off cold turkey only frustrates me and then I still end up going back to them. It's a full circle situationI was reminded my one of my best friends that I should allow myself some slack and enjoy things that I know I probably shouldn't, because they are making me happy. this all comes in moderation but temporary happiness is an important thing. 

be okay with feeling lost... use the lost feeling as motivation to achieve my goals, small or large. this is pretty self explanatory but I really struggle when I feel stagnant. I'm very instant glorification motivated. the key for me is to set big goals with tons of small ones along the way. This year I want to be mindful in making time to set the small goals to keep me on track with the big one in sight. 


 ______________________________________________________________________________
If you stuck around to read the end, you made it! I know this a lot or ME ME ME and I I I but my hope is that some of you relate to at least one of my personal goals and can be mindful of these things in the coming year. Maybe we can keep each other on track, who knows! let me know what you think, and what are your goals for the upcoming year? I would love to know! 
much love, holly 

Comments

Popular Posts