Music Monday 1

MM Intro.


Let me set the scene: Chey and I are driving home from a concert *typical*. We saw Panic! and had just been really moved by this Coliseum size crowd who all seemed to be feeling the same anticipation, excitement and emotion during the set. Our conversation started with both of our observance of this young boy in front of us. It makes me feel emotional even now when I think about how excited this kid in the nose bleed section was during the ENTIRE set. He was there with his dad, who was seated the entire time, and this kid was up dancing, reacting and screaming out through every. single. song. He kept catching my eye through the whole set. So, on the drive home when Chey mentioned the boy I was so glad we were on the same wavelength, she noticed the same things in this kid that I had. We talked about times that we had been that excited at shows and how, looking at our experiences, music has a hand in nearly everything. We have both experienced amazing trips, kick ass shows, met friends, and built life long relationships...all through music. Music is constant on a day to day basis. When we have a bad day, we go on a drive, we blast music, roll down the windows and have vibey drive. Sometimes we go on drives alone, most of the time we go together. Trips and adventures are planned around shows. We have big plans for the future and theres no way that it doesn't have music in it. Music is everything.

I thought about how many shows I've been to that I have been that boy, SO *cute* and excited about the moment I'm in, nothing around me really matters. I think that's why I feel comfortable going to shows alone, or seated shows where I'm not around anyone I came with. I get immersed in the show, the performer, the words they are saying to me *and hundreds/thousands of others* and I lose myself *cue Eminem*.

All of this to say, I know there are a lot of people who feel like this about music. Whenever a new album/ EP/ song comes out I want to share with everyone how much I love it. I want to talk about shows I've gone to, songs that just released, artists I love, even my feelings about the industry and opinions on controversy. I am so excited to share music I'm passionate about with the people who want to hear, hopefully that's you. 

So, each Monday in the foreseeable future I will have Music Monday *MM* blog posts, showcasing all music related things. Stay tuned!! Let me know via email/comment/text what you want to hear about, I really do want to know! 

Until next Monday I've made a playlist of songs that I'm into...some are new, some super old, all my faves.



ribs _Lorde
planets _Joseph 
technicolor Beat _Oh Wonder 
redemption _Drake 
sex _The 1975
hallelujah _Panic! at the Disco
waterfall _With Confidence 
dive _Ed Sheeran
reckless love _Bleachers
L. A. F. _Broods
clean _T Swift
peroxide _Nina Nesbitt
all in my head _Tori Kelly 

xxH

Comments

Popular Posts